TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE
1.0 GENERAL INFORMATION
Ogun State Property & Investment Corporation (hereinafter referred to as “OPIC”) is a corporation established by the Ogun State government pursuant to Edict No. 10 of 1985, Laws of Ogun State. OPIC has its head office at Diya House, OPIC Circle, OPIC HQ, Oke-Ilewo, Abeokuta, with branch offices at different locations within the state.
In this terms and conditions,
“The website” means www.opicweb.com
“We”, “us”, “ours” refers to OPIC
“You”, “yours” refers to the user of the website
“Users” means users of the website individually or collectively as the context may admit
“User information” means personal details provided by you to us on the website
“Third Party” refers to any other person, organization, statutory body, merchant, financial Institution, inter alia, aside from OPIC and Users.
“Device” means any mobile, electronic or mechanical device through which the website may be accessed or the digital or paper content or materials on the website may be used, including but not limited to, Mobile phones, Tablet, PC, I-pad, Fax machine, Scanner, Printer, and Internet facility.
3.0 INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
3.1. All copyright, trademark and all other Intellectual Property rights in all the materials and content supplied on the website remains the property of OPIC.
3.2. You may only view, print out, publish or use the materials and content of the website for your personal, non-commercial purposes.
3.3. Use of the materials and/or content of the website for commercial purposes is strictly prohibited unless the written consent of OPIC is first sought and obtained.
3.4. You may not
- (a) remove any copyright or proprietary notice contained in the materials;
- (b) alter, modify or amend any digital content or material contained in the website;
- (c) copy, reproduce, publish, transmit, broadcast or communicate, in any form, to the general public for commercial purposes;
- (d) use the digital or paper content or any material on the website in any manner that infringes the Intellectual Property or Propriety right of OPIC; or
- (e) use the digital or paper content or materials on the website in any manner that is contrary to this Terms and Conditions without the written consent of OPIC first sought and obtained.
4.0 THIRD PARTY DEALINGS
4.1. We do not endorse or accept responsibility for the availability, functionality, authenticity or appropriateness of the content of any third party website or materials found on or accessible through our website.
4.2. We are not liable for any loss, damage, destruction or harm whether to person, reputation or device arising from the use of any third party website or materials found on or accessible through our website.
4.3. Any transaction between you and any third party bankers, merchant, financial institution, advertiser, or organization, including payment for any goods or services, is made strictly and remains a contract between you and the third party only. We shall not be bound by any term, condition, warranty or any other form of representation contained in such contract.
4.4. We are not liable for any loss or damage resulting from the breach of contract, negligence or failure arising from such contract. No Claim, action or suit shall be instituted or maintained against us from any duty, liability or right created or derived from such contract.
5.1. INFORMATION WE COLLECT
We may collect, store and use the following kinds of information supplied by users:
- User Information which may include your name, address, postal address, telephone number, email address.
- Preference Information which may include details of purchasing preferences like size of land applied for or allocated, location of land applied for or allocated, intended use for land applied for or allocated, payment plan for land applied for or allocated.
Website and Application Informationwhich may include web server logs, browser type, nature of application used in accessing the website, referral source.
- Information supplied by you for the purpose of subscribing to our website services, newsletter, bulletin or notifications.
- Information supplied by you for the purpose of registering for any other services on the website.
- Any other information supplied by you to us.
5.2. USAGE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
The information collected or stored by us may be used for any of the following purposes:
- a. To send you newsletters, bulletins, notifications or any other marketing communications relating to our business.
- b. To send you other general information.
- c. To request or send you payment information, statement, invoices or receipt.
- d. To deal with enquiries or complaints made by you, about you or related to you.
- e. For the general administration of the website and other statistical usage.
5.3. FINANCIAL DETAILS
We do not ordinarily collect or store financial details of users such as credit or debit card details.
Payment for any goods and services purchased from us is done directly with reputable financial service providers; Interswitch and Paystack.
However, we may require for evidence of payment, transaction receipt, tellers, payment details and other relevant payment information needed to confirm, verify or authenticate any payment made for any goods or service purchased from us.
5.4. LEGAL DISCLOSURES
We may disclose any information collected, stored or provided by you to the extent reasonable, justified or authorized by law:
- a. Pursuant to the Order of a competent Court of law.
- b. Pursuant to any Administrative or Executive Order of any Public Authority exercising Oversight function or Regulatory control over OPIC.
- c. In connection with any legal proceeding or contemplated legal proceeding involving OPIC.
- d. In order to establish, determine, exercise, defend or protect the legal rights and interest of OPIC.
- e. To any successor-in-interest to OPIC, to the extent required, to establish, determine, exercise, defend, protect or maintain any existing legal rights, interest, duty or liability.
6.0 ACCEPTABLE USAGE OF WEBSITE
You agree by usage of the website that you will abide by all the terms and conditions governing the use of the website.
You may only use the website in a lawful manner and not in a manner that is:
- a. Likely to breach any local or international law or regulation.
- b. Unlawful, dishonest or fraudulent.
- c. Meant to provide a false identity of users or users’ financial or credit worthiness.
- d. Meant to transmit, either intentionally or otherwise, any data that contains virus, worms, spyware, malware, adware or any other malicious program capable of adversely affecting the operation of any computer program.
- e. Meant to copy, phish, spoof or steal any user information or any other information stored or collected on the website.
- f. Likely or intended to affect the operability or security of the website.
7.0 REVISION, MODIFICATION AND AMENDMENT
We reserve the right to revise, modify or amend this terms and conditions of use at any time. You are expected to check this page from time to time to ensure you are comfortable with the terms contained therein before continuing with the use of the website.
Some of the terms and conditions contained herein may be superseded by specific Notices published on the website where appropriate.
OPIC reserves the right to vary, modify, extend or withdraw any offer, advertisement or information contained on this website without prior notification to users.
YOU ARE ADVISED to please confirm the status of any offer contained on the website, bulletin or notification, by contacting our staff through any of the contact details provided on the website, before any payment is made.
OPIC disclaim liability for any loss arising from unauthorized publication, transmission or usage of the content and materials contained on the website by a third party.